One might want to block individuals on Tumblr or any social media for many reasons, but anon accounts are a different case. Because anon accounts do not have a real identity, and you might not feel safe around this account thus, you might take the step to remove them from your Tumblr account. None of us would like to socialize with someone on our Tumblr accounts you have zero idea about, and these accounts might seem creepy to you most of the time. Hence, if you no longer want these anon accounts on your Tumblr account, we can help you with the best answer. This article will discuss how to block an anon on Tumblr with a step-by-step guide. Apart from learning how to block an anon on Tumblr, the article also contemplates the consequences, including other areas about blocking an anon on Tumblr to make the article more insightful.
Why Block an Anon on Tumblr?
Reasons one needs to block an anon on Tumblr differ with each person based on how they use their account and what they are subjected to. Regardless, the primary reason for blocking an anon on Tumblr is that you might not feel safe around them. The reasons why you would want to block an anon could be because,
- Most phishing accounts and cyberbullies maintain an anon account. Hence if you are receiving creepy links to click, or hate messages, spreading rumours about you on the TL.
- If you are maintaining a private account with only known individuals, but an anon account is now showing up in your Tumblr, you would want to block them.
- Another common reason and valid reason to block anon account are that they are useless with no identity, and you see no reason to have them on your Tumblr TL. If you want to eliminate the account altogether, it is best to block the anon on Tumblr.
How to Block an Anon on Tumblr?
After figuring out a valid reason to block an anon on Tumblr, you can read and follow the steps to block an anon on Tumblr. The below guide will hence help you to get rid of anon account from your account.
- Log in to your Tumblr account.
- Open the anon account by clicking the avatar profile.
- After the user’s blog is open, click the Menu option with three horizontal dots.
- Select Block from the Option and confirm.
Another method to block an anon on Tumblr is on the message option. If the anon account had sent you any messages,
- First, click on the chat box.
- Open the messages and tap on the profile.
- Select the Block from below, and confirm.
You can also block an anon through the blog settings in Tumblr by scrolling down to Block users and selecting edit with a pencil icon. Type the anon account on the search bar and Block.
How Do you Find Out Who an Anon is on Tumblr?
You might have encountered an account with no real identity and name, but you are also wondering if the blog is anon. Hence, before you confirm the blog used to be an anon, you must first find out who an anon is on Tumblr. Most of the time, an anon user on Tumblr will not have many followers; you will not be able to find any trace of their real life.
What Happens When you Block Someone on Tumblr?
If it’s your first time attempting to block a user on Tumbler, you might need to figure out what to expect after the Block. The options open and close after a block may be uncertain to you. Hence, below, we have listed what happens when you block someone on Tumblr.
- The blocked user will not be able to follow your blog on Tumblr.
- You will not receive any messages from them
- The send-ask Option will be cancelled.
- Blocked users will no longer be able to see your posts or profile pictures in their Dashboard.
- They cannot like your blog or reshare your blog.
- Your blog will not appear in their search results.
Blocking an anon account is peace of mind because all connections are cut between.
How to Unblock Someone on Tumblr?
If you had mistook an account for anon or clicked the wrong blog user to block, you should unblock it. Learning how to unblock someone on Tumblr is equally essential as learning to block someone. Hence, you can follow the steps below to unblock someone on Tumblr.
- Open Home in your Tumblr account.
- Select settings with the gear icon.
- Scroll down and click on Blocked Tumblrs.
- Select the anon user you want to unblock and confirm.
You can also unblock a user by opening their profile and selecting unblock from the three dots in the profile.
Can you Soft Block on Tumblr?
If you don’t want the anon user to discover you have blocked them, consider the soft block option. But, you might wonder if Tumblr has the soft block feature. Fortunately, the feature is available on Tumblr, where you can block the user and unblock it. It helps temporarily keep the user from viewing your blog or sending messages.
What are the Alternatives to Blocking Someone on Tumblr?
If you were thinking blocking is the only option to keep abusive users away from your Dashboard, you were wrong. However, Tumblr offers to mute, hide, or restrict users you don’t want to deal with before you block them. The alternatives will help you find out what the anon on Tumblr is up to
Does Blocking Someone on Tumblr Delete Messages?
Blocking someone on Tumblr will not delete messages unless you delete them. But the blocked users will not be able to send any messages, or you will not be able to send any messages in the future after you have blocked them.
Watch this one,
Video Credits – Adaleigh Faith Gaming
You May Also Like
- How to Record Switch Gameplay? [Free & No Limit!!!]
- How to Cancel Picolo Subscription? [Step By Step]
- How to Appear Offline on Steam 2023 [Mac, PC and Mobile]